Click for Money Order Claim Card Claim Lookup
Money Order FAQ's
- RGA money orders are "guaranteed funds" for 45 days after purchase. Once that time expires most lost money orders can be stopped and replaced.
- The customer will need to complete a Money Order Claim Form and mail it and the original stub to the RGA office.
- Yes, a processing fee is required for most replacements:
- Fees will be deducted from the replacement amount if not submitted with the Money Order Claim Form.
- A police report will need to be filed and you will need to contact the RGA office for further guidance.
- To confirm a money order has been cashed, a copy will need to be acquired from the Federal Reserve. You will need to contact the RGA office for assistance at 913.384.3830.
- All RGA money orders are full value for 12 months from date of purchase.
- You can call or write to RGA requesting a photocopy of your cashed money order. RGA will submit the request to the Federal Reserve and then forward the copy to you. There is a fee of $15 per money order for these copies.
- RGA money orders can be cashed anywhere you have an account, i.e. bank or credit union, or through a check cashing facility. You will want to cash them Monday-Friday between 8:00am-4:30pm as RGA will be called by the cashing facility to verify the funds.
- The money order will need to be replaced through the RGA office. RGA will need the original money order and stub and a completed Money Order Claim Form. This process can be completed through the mail or at the RGA office.